|Air date||November 15, 2008|
The Lost Boys
Destiny Schmestiny is a made-for-TV movie that reveals Tak's past and his parents. It was the 19th and 20th episode of Season One of Tak and the Power of Juju. It originally aired on November 15, 2008 and ran for an hour (48 minutes without commercials), unlike the usual half hour.
Jibolba gives Tak a magic crystal for his birthday, and soon Tak is transported to the Juju Bizaar where he discovers his heroic destiny. But then the evil Darkness Juju appears and tries to take Tak's crystal.
The episode begins with Log Hermit, the old man in the stump, telling the story not of a great tribe, but of the Pupununu Tribe. He begins with describing the tribe being stupidly paranoid, dishonest, and stupid (Chief is amazed at using a Spoon.) He then starts the story of Tak, the young shaman's assistant who is the Tribe's lackey and servant, no matter their position on the social ladder. The tribe is afraid of him because of the strange things that happen like the Sheep flying, the trees crying butter, and things exploding. One day, Tak recieves a box from Jibolba for his birthday. He constantly asks if it has anything to do with his parents that he never knew. But when he opens the box he sees a crystal that he thinks is a rock, and he just walks to his room dissapointed, slaming the door behind him that accidently explodes. He invites Jeera and Keeko over to talk about it, and Jeera discovers a map that leads to the Juju Shrine. Tak's crystal reacts to it and the Shrine teleports the trio into the Juju Realm!
- This is the only TV Movie for Tak, and the closest there is to an actual Tak movie.
- This is the only episode that ran for an hour.
- This is the prequel to the Tak Television Series. Ironically, it's one of the last episodes in the season before it's untimely cancelation.
- The Right Statue head in front of Jibolba's Hut talks in a female voice for the first time. Unusual since the Left Statue head, having a male's voice, is the only one that talks at times throughout the series.
- It is revealed that Tak is half Juju, since his mother is Aurora Juju and his father was a Pupununu.